Software Engineer – Sensors and IoT Applications
Savi Technology is hiring experienced Software Engineers excited by the prospect of combining the Internet of Things, Big Data and Machine Learning to create solutions that provide business unprecedented visibility and insight into literally any thing that moves across land, sea or air. We are agile and fast-paced. We use the latest “Big Data”, Machine Learning, and visualization technologies. We provide end-to-end solutions that let managers and executives make decisions based on information and predictions literally learned from sensor, open and enterprise data.
Our tech stack marries the advantages of traditional application architecture with Lambda “Big Data” processing, providing you the opportunity to work a broad variety of great technologies: Node.js, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, PostGRES, WildFly, Flask, SciKit-Learn, HTML5/LESS, Angular and D3.js, iOS and Android (we are even Google Glass Explorers). We use tools like Github Flow, Grunt, Maven and Jenkins with Slack, Hubot, Ansible, and Docker to reduce lifecycle friction and make development and testing less tedious.
If you believe “its all about the data” and are excited by the combination of a “can do” startup culture and the customer base and financials of an established company, and want use the Internet of Things to build solutions to tackle big real-world challenges, then Savi Technology is right for you.
- BA/BA in computer science, computer engineering or related degree
- 5+ years in object oriented programing in languages such as Java, Python, C++, etc.
- 3+ years experience developing in a high-scale distributed computing environment (e.g., SaaS products and platforms, Internet-scale companies, large government agencies)
You should also have significant experience in several of the following areas:
- Queuing technologies such as RabbitMQ/AMQP, Kafka, Celery, ZeroMQ, etc.
- Complex Event Processing using Storm, Spark, Drools, Druid or similar technology—especially using these technologies to apply machine learning algorithms
- Big Data NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, HBase, Accumulo or BigTable
- GIS programming using PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, MapServer, GeoServer, or GeoDjango
- Facetted and boosted search using ElasticSearch, SOLR, etc.
- REST APIs that work over mobile or web interfaces
- MVC frameworks at the data, server, and front end layers
Even better, you also:
- Are excited by the Lambda Architecture—especially to enable decision-making using just-in-time data from sensors and Internet-connected things
- Prefer iteration over perfection
- Are comfortable with the flexibility of high-agile environments
- Prefer using Continuous Integration and Deployment to reduce manual work
- Interested (or experience) in any of the following: firmware programming; setting up ZigBee or Bluetooth mesh networks; or transferring data over high efficiency IoT protocols
- Experience working in a distributed office environment
- Eligibility for a US security clearance
This position is based in our Alexandria, Virginia office.
Savi is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, sexual orientation or national origin.
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.