Software Engineer – Sensors and IoT Applications
Location: Alexandria, VA
Savi Technology is hiring experienced Software Engineers excited by the prospect of combining the Internet of Things, Big Data, and Machine Learning to create end-to-end solutions that let managers and executives make decisions based on information and predictions literally learned from sensor, open, and enterprise data
If you believe “it’s all about the data” and are excited by the combination of a “can do” startup culture and the customer base and financials of an established company, and want to use the Internet of Things to build solutions to tackle big real-world challenges, then Savi Technology is right for you.
- BS/BA in computer science, computer engineering, or related degree
- 5+ years in object-oriented programming in languages such as Scala, Java, Python, etc.
- 3+ years experience developing in a high-scale distributed computing environment (e.g., SaaS products and platforms, Internet-scale companies, large government agencies)
- Experience working in an agile development environment
You should also have significant experience in several of the following areas:
- Queuing technologies such as RabbitMQ/AMQP, Kafka, Celery, ZeroMQ, etc.
- Complex Event Processing using Storm, Spark, Drools, Druid, or similar technology—especially using these technologies to apply machine learning algorithms
- Big Data NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, HBase, Accumulo, or BigTable
- GIS programming using PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, MapServer, GeoServer, or GeoDjango
- Facetted and boosted search using ElasticSearch, SOLR, etc.
- REST APIs that work over mobile or web interfaces
- MVC frameworks at the data, server, and front end layers
Even better, you also:
- Are excited by the Lambda Architecture—especially to enable decision-making using just-in-time data from sensors and Internet-connected things
- Prefer iteration over perfection
- Are comfortable with the flexibility of high-agile environments
- Prefer using Continuous Integration and Deployment to reduce manual work
- Are interested (or experienced) in any of the following: firmware programming, setting up ZigBee or Bluetooth mesh networks, or transferring data over high-efficiency IoT protocols
- Are experienced working in a distributed office environment
- Are eligible for a US security clearance
This position is based in our Alexandria, Virginia office.
Savi is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this position, click here. Bonus points for sharing your Github account with your resume.