Information We Collect and Why We Collect It
Like most every other business and organization in the world with a website, we ask visitors to our websites to provide information that policymakers have termed “personally identifiable.” Generally speaking, this information will consist of your name and contact information, such as your email address, phone number and physical address. We request this information from you in connection with activities such as account creation, use of services, downloads of our software, inquiries about becoming a Savi partner, inquiries about jobs at Savi, job applications, conference or training registrations and requests for support. In connection with job inquiries and job applications, we may require additional personal information from you, such as your education history.
Use of Personal Information
We only use your personal information to communicate with you about our websites or the services offered by Savi (the “Services”). We do not share personal information you have provided to us without your consent, unless:
- doing so is appropriate to carry out your request;
- we believe it is needed to enforce our Terms of Service;
- we believe it is needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues, or otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others, or;
- it is legally required.
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing savi.com and savirfidcatalog.com and to improve the Subscription Service;
- send information or content to you (by post, email, or other means) which we think may be of interest to you and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- promote the use of our Services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- meet legal requirements.
Savi may contact you by email or other means. For example, Savi may send you promotional emails relating to Savi or communicate with you about your use of our websites. You can modify your email notification preferences by clicking the appropriate link included in the footer of email notifications. If you do not want to receive email from Savi, please opt out of receiving emails at the bottom of any Savi emails by clicking on the Unsubscribe button.
Sharing of Data
We don’t share your personal information with third parties. Only aggregated, anonymized data is transmitted to external service providers to help us improve our websites and service.
We currently use Google Analytics for traffic analysis and SEO optimization, and Hubspot for content management and email support. We list below what data these third parties have told us they extract. To learn more, check out their privacy policies.
Google Analytics: anonymous (ad serving domains, browser type, demographics, language settings, page views, time/date), pseudonymous (IP address)
Hubspot: records information such as aggregated usage, performance data, and where content was downloaded from.
We also use social buttons provided by services like Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Your use of these third-party services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding the privacy policies disseminated by those third-party services.
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share personal information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use personal information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. By using our websites, you consent to our sharing of personal information with our Agents.
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These other websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Savi. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any such websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with Savi, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
How We Protect Personal Information
We employ industry standard techniques to protect against unauthorized access of information that we store, including personal information. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information provided to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
How to Contact Us
Savi Technology, Inc.
3601Eisenhower Ave, Suite 280
Alexandria, VA 22304
Savi GDPR Privacy Notice
GDPR Scope and Terminology
If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your personal information, as outlined below.
For this GDPR Privacy Notice, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data, such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. Savi Technology, Inc. will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with Services, except that we may also process Personal Data of our customers’ end users or employees in connection with our provision of Services to such customers, in which case we are the processor of Personal Data and the customer is the controller. For more information about your data rights and processing activities where we are the controller, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about your data rights and processing activities where we are the processor, please contact the controller party in the first instance.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide Services to you and improve the services for all users generally. In some cases, we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterward, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Security Measures Do We Use?
We protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity.
Personal Data Of Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone in the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for services from Savi or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com.
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by emailing us at privacy@Savi.com.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement Personal Data by emailing us at privacy@Savi.com.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email us at privacy@Savi.com. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
What If You Have Questions Regarding Your Personal Data?
If you have any questions about this GDPR Privacy Notice or our data practices generally, please contact us by email at privacy@Savi.com or write to us at:
Savi Technology, Inc.
3601Eisenhower Ave, Suite 280
Alexandria, VA 22304
Re: GDPR Privacy Notice